Did you know that our Chocolate flavor has cocoa powder in it? If fact, it has more cocoa than most, if not all our competitors. Here’s why? Cocoa has numerous health benefits which help promote health and overall well-being.
Cocoa is rich in minerals such as magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium, sulfur and manganese. Cacao is considered as one of the best plant sources of magnesium which is vital in energy production and for healthy muscles, brain, nerves, bones and teeth. It is also a good source of Zinc, Iron and Sodium while providing the body with energy, carbohydrates, protein and dietary fibers. It contains n0 cholesterol.
- Cocao also contains Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, C, and E
- Good levels of polyphenols and flavonoids – powerful antioxidants that support heart and vascular health and help maintain healthy blood sugar and blood pressure levels
- The flavanols in cocoa are thought to improve nitric oxide levels in the blood, which can enhance the function of your blood vessels and reduce blood pressure
- Flavonols also promote brain health, vascular elasticity and may provide neuro-protective benefits positively impacting learning and memory. The flavonol epicatechin in Cacao has been found to promote skin elasticity and help reduce skin roughness and scaling.
- Several organic compounds in cocoa stimulate the production of dopamine in the body and potent mood enhancers such as phenylethylamine (PEA) can encourage an overall sense of well-being.
- Xanthine and theophylline may help promote respiratory and pulmonary health by relaxing bronchial spasms
- Cocoa does contain caffeine. Is that a benefit or detriment? You decide.
For other impressive benefits of cocoa see this article by OrganicFactshttps://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/other/health-benefits-of-cocoa.html